- Med. Education Diploma
Emphasis on following area
- Educational psychology and Educational theories
- Curriculum design and development
- Educational objectives and domains of learning
- Teaching learning methods & media
- Educational assessment & evaluation
- Educational changes
- Educational research
- Information technology
To encourage innovation and maintenance of high standards in all phases of medical and health care education.
- Mission To provide trainers of health professionals with basic knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to become effective trainers in their respective field
To develop an idea of lifelong learning for teachers/ doctors who would like to extend their professional understanding in the field of medical education and information technology which plays a crucial role in the context of global medical and educational changes for sustainable development of entire nation.
- Core Competencies for Medical Education Science and Information Communication Technology After successful completion of the course, the students will be able to:
- apply appropriate educational theories in diverse teaching/learning context
- motivate the unmotivated learners
- analyze different types of curriculum design for training of health care professional
- formulate different levels of educational objectives for desired learning outcomes
- use appropriate teaching methods which can encourage active learning process
- use teaching aids/ media effectively and appropriately for any training programme
- select appropriate methods of student assessment to meet the desired competencies for different categories of health professional
- explain use ICT in health services
- 10% will be given for observatory class.
- 40% will be given for group presentations.
- 50% will be given for written individual assignments.
Med. Education Diploma course
To provide teachers of health professionals with the basic knowledge, skill and attitudes necessary to make them more effective teachers and mentors in their institutions
To raise the teaching skills of all teachers from Universities under the Ministry of health
After successful completion of the Med. Education Diploma course, the candidate
- Have a sound knowledge of all components of the education process
- Be able to draw specified curriculum
- Be able to select appropriate teaching/learning techniques for a stated objective
- Be able to develop valid assessment procedures
- Be able to conduct basic educational research
- Advocate and use educational science principles and techniques in day to day work
- Qualification of applicants
All teachers and interested staff from the Universities under Ministry of health with a basic university level degree and with two years work experiences will eligible to apply the course
- Duration of course